How to Maintain Crochet Braids?
Crochet Braids 101 Crochet braids are nothing new to the current generation. Before, in the late nineties to early 2000s majority of women considered this a style worth trying. It was just a matter of time for this hairstyle to be on the top charts again. Since then a lot of enhancement has been made on this hairstyle compared to its previous version. Today, the crochet braids are majorly inspired by considering your natural hair movement. Textures compared to the earlier version are more natur
Crochet Braids 101
Crochet braids are nothing new to the current generation. Before, in the late nineties to early 2000s majority of women considered this a style worth trying. It was just a matter of time for this hairstyle to be on the top charts again.
Since then a lot of enhancement has been made on this hairstyle compared to its previous version. Today, the crochet braids are majorly inspired by considering your natural hair movement. Textures compared to the earlier version are more natural-looking.
The process is made to look so natural that people may get tricked into believing someone's natural hair is crochet braids. This is the reason why people are bringing this style back, and it is on trend again. So, if you're looking to try this braid like many other people, then you're in the right place.
This article will discuss all the essentials that are required for crochet braids and their maintenance. Let's get started.
Why Are Crochet Braids Considered to Be a Go-to Style for Women?
Crochet braiding is a method of adding an extension to one's natural hair. It's done by cornrowing the hair followed by adding extensions with the help of a crochet needle or a bobby pin.
Women prefer crochet braids due to various reasons, out of which some are:
It requires no additional efforts or any hairstyling guides; if you've been a type of woman who considers hairstyling as art and consider mastering it, then this braid is the go-to style that matches your needs. This braid provides women with the ease to carry out without any kind of professional help.
If you are aware of the basics of cornrow hairs, then carrying out this style will be a matter of time for you.
Budget-friendly; we all are aware of the hefty fees a salon charges for one session. Crochet braids give that flexibility where you save some dollars.
Crochet hair now is more based on natural looks and requires braids that are less costly. Most preferably, kanekalon hair or twisted hair is used for this process. This hair won't cost you more than $10.
It doesn't take much of your time; we are all aware of the importance of time in one's life. Based on that fact, this braiding technique is best for women who want their braiding done in less time. More likely, the time this braid takes to show results is 2 hours.
But can take much less time in case of box braid or twisted wearers.
Crochet Braid Hair Types
If you've been confused between which crochet braid hairs to try out from nearly various brands, then this article has tried to make your efforts less by providing the list of some famous brands.
If your preferred braid style is already twisted hairs, then you can try out these braids for better results:
- Janet collection's mambo hair
- Freetress's Jamaican twist braid
If you like curly hair:
- Outre's X-pression synthetic crochet braiding hair
- Freestress's Barbadian braid
How You Can Avoid Costly Salon Sessions and Install Crochet Braids at Home?
The process of installing crochet braid at home is easy and can be done by any amateur by following simple steps:
- The first step is to set your hair in cornrows.
- By using a crochet needle, pull it under the cornrows. By using a hook, attach the braiding hair and close the latch.
- By holding the loop open, pull the crochet needle through it, through that loop, pull two strands of braiding hair by twisting the loop once
- To obtain a more secure look, repeat the pulling and twisting of the loop more than two times.
Repeat these steps until your entire head gets covered, Once the process is finished, you're free to style your hair in whichever way you want.
Some tips to follow before you install the crochet braids:
- Make sure your hairs are thoroughly clean before you move on to install braids.
- Moisturizing your hair before installing the braids always has better results, so make sure you do it.
How Can You Maintain Your Crochet Braids and Get Everlasting Results?
Installing a crochet braid may seem an easy task for many. Its maintenance is what concerns many women. Follow the following tips that will keep your braids for a long time.
- Less manipulation will help your braids to keep their curls for an extended period.
- Clip the ends of the braids whenever it gets frizzy.
- Before installing the crochet braids, make sure your natural hair beneath it is clean and thoroughly moisturized.
- Choose crochet braids according to your daily routine
- Use Products that take care of the lustre and helps in reducing frizz
- Use organic products that take care of your scalp.
- Make use of a satin bonnet when you go to bed.
Some Products That Can Also Help Your Braids to Last Longer:
- It's made from natural shea butter.
- Good for your scalp as well as the skin.
- Helps to increase your hair strength and makes it shinier.
- Take care of your hair when you're out in the sun.
- Keeps your hair hydrated and moisturized for a longer time.
- Makes your hair healthy and shinier.
- Made from coconut, hibiscus extracts, and neem oil.
- Maintains moisture in the scalp and keeps your hair safe from dryness and itchiness.
- Reduction in breakage of hair makes it softer and shinier.
- Contains glycerin that helps to maintain moisture in your scalp.
- It can be washed off easily.
- It deeply nourishes and hydrates your hair.
- Made from shea butter, coconut oil, and honey
- The shampoo helps in cleaning and hydrating your strands
- Ideal product if you're looking for something that nourishes your curls, coils, and waves.
Summing It Up
Crochet braids are making noise around the corner, and the reason is understandable. Its easy adaptability, low costs, and easy maintenance are what making women love these braids more and more. Another factor that adds to its beauty is that it saves time, and people have various options to choose from its variety of ranges. This article discussed various factors and maintenance tips one can look forward to. Follow the tips and obtain your desired crochet braiding look.