How to Curl Hair Without Curling Iron?
Heat styling tools like Curling Iron, Tongs, flat irons, straighteners, etc. might be powerful weapons for curling your hair. However, they strip off the natural oils, proteins, and moisture from them. That, in turn, contributes to the irregular texture of your hair, which leads to breakage. Due to
Heat styling tools like Curling Iron, Tongs, flat irons, straighteners, etc. might be powerful weapons for curling your hair. However, they strip off the natural oils, proteins, and moisture from them. That, in turn, contributes to the irregular texture of your hair, which leads to breakage.
Due to the frequent use of heat styling appliances, or curling iron, your strands witness permanent hair damage.
Now, if you have been upset due to the damage, frizziness, dryness, etc. caused by your curling iron, you will be happy to know that there are natural ways to curl your hair too.
Sounds interesting and just the thing you need, right?
So, what are we waiting for?
Let’s deep dive into all these methods to curl your hair together & get a similar look. Find the one that suits you the best.
Ways to Curl Your Hair Without Curling Iron:
1. Pin Curls:
We all crave methods that are super easy and can make our hair manageable. Now, Pin Curls are one of the most straightforward methods out there. Pin your hair with Hair Pins right before you go to bed, and Voila! You are all good to nail your looks with your fresh curls.
How to Pin Curls?
- Here are some steps you need to follow to attain the best of curls with your Pin curls method.
- Start by washing your hair with a volumizing shampoo. It will make your hair appear voluminous and rich. After that, condition your hair thoroughly. You can also use a wide-toothed comb for deep conditioning.
- Dry down your hair naturally. Make sure to use a towel gently. That will help you squeeze the excess water out without breaking your hair with friction.
- You choose to use hair gel or spray to style your hair accurately and get a superior hold.
- There are dozens of high-quality products available on cosmetize.com.
- Start by securing your crown in a proper bun so that it can be pinned perfectly at last.
- Now, hold out 1-inch of your hair from the side, and create a loop with the help of your index finger and thumb.
- Keep it coiling in fine circles until the edge of your hair touches your scalp. Pin the section of hair nicely and repeat the same with the rest of your hair.
- At last, work on your crown and wear a silk scarf so that you can go to bed comfortably.
- Remove all the pins in the morning and comb by moving your fingers through your hair thoroughly. Use a hair spray for a shiny and rich appearance.
2. Hair Braiding:
Are you looking for the perfect wavy look texture for your healthy hair? What can be better than braiding? Many of you might be already aware of it, but here are the steps you need to follow if you are not.
How to Braid Hair?
- Just like the method above, start by washing your hair and let them dry naturally.
- Once you feel the excess water removed and your hair strands are partly wet, divide them into two sections.
- Start braiding on either side of your hair. If you want gentle waves starting from the roots, go for French braids.
- However, if you are looking for loose waves closer to the end, then go for regular braids.
- No matter which braids you choose, do not forget to ensure that the braids are tight enough. If not, your hair will end up frizzy, thus ruining all your hard work.
- Undo your braids in the morning and style your hair with your fingers. You can also use hairspray for better hold and extra protection.
3. Scrunch Your Hair:
If you have curly hair, you are already aware of the everyday tussle that you face while following your hair care routine. Now, Scrunching is one of those methods that will help you enhance your curls easily and in the quickest possible manner.
How to Scrunch Hair?
- Start by washing your hair with a volumizing shampoo to prepare your hair for Scrunching.
- Condition your hair with the appropriate amount of a hair conditioner for detangled and voluminous hair.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water to get rid of any residue left over your scalp.
- Dry your hair naturally, or use a towel to do the same.
- Squeeze out the water gently.
- Take a mousse or appropriate amount of hair styling gel on your palm and start scrunching your hair after bending in front.
- Crumple or scrunch your hair the same easy way you crumple a paper.
- Finally, just let your hair dry.
Please do not use the product anywhere near the roots, as it might turn your hair even more dehydrated.
4. Bantu Knots:
This method works well for those who are looking for bouncy and tight curls. It helps in eliminating frizz from your hair and gives you a rich and defined curl experience.
Here is how you can get started.
How to Do Bantu Knots?
- Just like any other method, you will have to wash your hair first. After that, condition your hair gently.
- Once you have dried your hair thoroughly, hold out an inch or two sections of your hair.
- Twists in such a way, that it takes the form of a rope and curls it round to form a bun around it.
- Hold the bun tightly in one place with the help of Bobby Pin. Repeat the same process for the rest of your hair.
- Wear a shower cap or a silk cap on top of your head before you head to the bed.
- In the morning, undo all your buns and apply hairspray. Now, you can style your fresh curls the way you want.
5. Velcro Rollers:
Velcro Rollers are one of the standards and effective ways to attain defining curls. If you are a fan of a long wavy look, go with large sized rollers and if you like to keep it tight and small, opt for small-sized Velcro rollers for yourself.
How to Use Velcro Rollers?
Here are the steps to get you started:
- Wash your hair and condition them well. Dry your hair thoroughly using a towel, or you can let them air dry naturally.
- Women with thick hair need to divide their hair into a small section of their hair first. After dividing, use the rollers and roll them upwards. If you have thin hair, you can even choose to skip the sectioning step.
- Once you are done, it’s time to ensure that your hair rollers are uptight with your scalp.
*Note: If your roller does not hold in one place, you might have taken thick sections of hair while rolling.
- Now, leave them untouched for a couple of hours. At the same time, you can choose to either relax or do your regular chores.
- Once your hair has dried out completely, you can undo the rollers and style your hair with your fingers in a great way.
6. Sock Method:
If you have long hair, then one of the best & easiest ways to attain natural curl is by using a sock.
Wondering How to Do That? Let’s See
- Wash your hair or spray them with water to damp hair thoroughly.
- Make sure your hair is almost dry so that you can get started with the method.
- Pull your hair together and hold them in one place using a tie.
- Take an old sock and cut the toe off it. Use the same to roll it around your hair like a doughnut.
- Get your hair through the hole in the sock.
- Continue by wrap pieces of hair around the sock. Do it until you make sure your bun sits tight with your scalp. Use bobby pins to hold the same.
- Once your hair dries out thoroughly, undo the bun. You can also undo it the next morning if you are trying the method before going to bed.
- Comb your hair thoroughly using hairspray and style them the way you want.
7. Twist Buns
Here is how you can get started.
- Use a volumizing shampoo to wash your hair to make them appear voluminous and cleanse your scalp efficiently.
- Deeply condition your hair with a deep conditioner when you have done shampooing them.
- Now, divide your hair into two equal sections.
- With one end, make a high pigtail and start twisting, turning it into a rope-like structure.
- Do it until you have reached the end. Now, hold it in one place with the help of a hair tie.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of your hair too.
- Let your hair dry for a while after that.
- You can also choose to go to sleep if you are doing it before going to bed.
- Undo your dry hair the next day and run your fingers through them to detangle.
- Use a sea salt spray or a hair spray to give your hair the desired hairstyle and make your hair appear voluminous with those defined waves.
Other than the methods mentioned above, there are many more for you to try:
- Paper Towel Method
- Headband Method
- T-shirt method
- and Spoolie method.
You can check them out too and see which one suits you the most. While choosing the same, one must also think of the time given to your hair care.
An efficient hair care routine is only possible in the long run when you have to provide it with the least possible time. At the same time, you will be finally able to give up on your curling iron.
These were some of the top methods that you can use to curl your hair & get heatless curls without a heat tool or a curling iron. The best thing about these methods is that they provide you with desirable & best results without damaging them at all. They are all easy to try, and you can choose to do any of them before going to bed. You can also try more than one to find the method, that perfect one which suits you the most.
The aim is to get defined, elegant & lose curls, maintaining the hair quality and saving time. Getting them all in one place is no sort of bad deal for you. So, make sure you go through each one of them thoroughly and try to follow that for your own desired curly hairstyle.
If you are looking for more health and hair care related blogs, you can check out the website.