From your favourite cute colourful shorts, floral dresses, and flip-flops to swimsuits and bikinis on a good sunny day, everything about this summer season is fantastic except the one thing, tanning. Suntan is the worst part that comes along with this season. The season goes away, but the stubborn suntan sticks to our skin and stays for an extended period. Now the question arises, how to remove this suntan?
In this article, we have listed a few homemade remedies that will help you remove tan from face quickly and instantly. At times, you need some quick ways or readymade products to remove tan if you have a party to attend. To get rid of this problem overnight, you would require a few ingredients without spending much time.
Home remedies to remove face tan overnight:
1. Lemon and rose water
- All you need is fresh lemon juice and rose water.
- Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl and add a few drops of rose water to it.
- Get a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the tanned areas.
Lemon juice has bleaching properties that help remove sun tan from the skin. Mixing rose water to lemon juice will make it less acidic and balances the PH level of the skin. This solution soothes the skin, closes the open pores, and keeps it clean and soft. It is one of the best and simple ways to remove face tan overnight.
2. Tomato and yoghurt
- You would require fresh tomato juice and yoghurt.
- Mix one tablespoon of yoghurt with some tomato juice to get a thick paste.
- Apply the mixture on the tanned skin and rinse it off with cold water after 20-25 minutes.
Tomato juice contains citric acid that helps in skin brightening and lightening. It removes dark pigmentation from the skin and acts as a natural tan remover. While yoghurt has fantastic moisturizing properties that soothe and soften the skin as it
contains lactic acid. Both when mixed protect the skin from going dull and dry.
3. Papaya and honey
- You’ll require half cup mashed papaya and 1-2 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix both the ingredients properly until you get a fine paste.
- Apply the paste properly all over the tanned part and let it dry. Rinse it off after 20-25 minutes.
Papaya has excellent bleaching, exfoliating, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing, and skin whitening & lightening properties that makes it a perfect ingredient to remove tan from face quickly and protect it from any damage. Honey is another great ingredient used in a lot of beauty products as it acts as a skin-soothing agent and natural moisturizer. It helps in keeping your skin youthful and radically
4. Milk and almond
- You’ll require 5-6 almonds pieces and 3-4 tablespoon milk.
- Grind the almond pieces into a fine powder and mix it well with milk.
- Apply the paste evenly on the tanned skin. Rub the mixture on the skin until it gets dried up.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then scrub the area and wash it off properly.
This mixture works as a great body scrub. Almond, when mixed with milk, helps in skin softening by bringing out the moisturizing properties. The milk helps in keeping the skin tight and moisturized, which results in soft skin. Scrubbing it helps remove dirt and dead skin by opening up the skin pores.
5. Potato juice
- You’ll require raw potato juice. Peel off the skin, grate the potato and squeeze out the juice from it.
- Use a cotton pad or a cotton ball to apply the juice on your face and tanned areas.
- Allow it to rest for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Potato juice has bleaching properties and contains a lot of nutrients such as calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus, vitamins B and C. It helps in lightening and brightening the skin by removing dark spots and pigmentations. It also helps in reducing wrinkles and preventing ageing.
6. Oatmeal and buttermilk
- You’ll require two tablespoons of oats along with 2-3 tablespoons of plain buttermilk.
- Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for 5 minutes and mix it well to get a thick paste.
- Massage this paste on the tanned areas to remove face tan overnight.
- Allow it to rest for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off properly.
Oatmeal acts as an excellent skin cleansing and exfoliating agent. Buttermilk contains lactic acid that is best for skin softening, exfoliating, and brightening by improving the skin tone. This mixture is a perfect combination to treat tanned and rough skin.
7. Multani mitti and aloe vera gel
- You’ll require two tablespoons of Multani mitti powder and 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Mix both the ingredients properly in a mixing grinder to make a fine paste.
- Apply the mixture gently on your tanned skin with the help of a brush.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Multani mitti, when mixed with aloe vera gel, helps in healing the random sunburn rashes and bumps on the skin along with exfoliating it. Both the ingredients are enriched with anti-inflammatory properties that help in removing dirt and opening the pores of the skin.
8. Sandalwood and rose water
- You’ll require two tablespoons of sandalwood powder with few drops of rose water.
- Mix both the ingredients properly to get a thick, smooth paste.
- Apply a thick layer of this pack on the tanned skin with the help of a soft brush.
- Allow it to dry for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
The granular texture of sandalwood powder helps to bring out the soft skin layer by getting rid of the dead skin. It acts as an excellent scrub. Sandalwood powder and rose water when mixed acts as a moisturizing agent which helps in reducing the sunburn effects from the skin.
9. Milk, turmeric, and gram flour
- You’ll require 1 cup of gram flour, one teaspoon of turmeric, and 2-3 tablespoon of milk.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to get a smooth paste out of it.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the tanned areas like the face, neck, and body.
- Allow it to dry completely before you wash it off with normal water.
Turmeric is known for its excellent skin brightening agent and powerful source of anti-inflammatory properties while the gram flour helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and lightening the skin effectively. Milk is also known for its exfoliating properties. Altogether the application of this mixture makes the skin appear fresh and rejuvenated.
10. Orange juice and yoghurt
- You’ll require one tablespoon of orange juice and one tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Mix both the ingredients properly and apply this paste on your tanned areas.
- Leave it for approx 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Orange juice contains citric acid and vitamin C that works as a bleaching agent. It helps in revitalizing the tanned skin by removing radicals from the skin. While yoghurt helps in moisturizing and soothes the skin, this mixture provides a boost to your skin by removing the tan.
Those, as mentioned above, are some of the easy and natural home remedies that will help you remove tan from your face quickly. It will not only help you remove face tan overnight but will also lighten up your skin by providing a glowing and soft skin.