Hair Extensions Guide: Get Complete Information That You Need to Know
Long gone are the days when you drool over the red carpet looks of your favourite actress because now, you can own that look. All thanks to hair extensions that have made easier for you! Hair extensions give access to length, thickness, and volume, things that you’ve been yearning to see in your hai
Long gone are the days when you drool over the red carpet looks of your favourite actress because now, you can own that look. All thanks to hair extensions that have made it easier for you!
Hair extensions give access to length, thickness, and volume, things that you’ve been yearning to see in your own hair. Your thin, flat, short hair is so yesterday as hair extensions are meant to transform your life. Permanent methods are a great option for those who want to cover up bald spots or thinning hair, or who just want to add a few inches of length. But, extensions seem hella exciting, but before flaunting your hair you got to know everything about hair extensions.
Read More: 5 Reasons To Invest In Hair Extensions
Here is an ultimate hair extensions guide that might come in handy and helps you get a glam squad for special occasions:
Why Do You Need Hair Extensions?
Well, hair extensions have innumerable benefits. However, women have sought solace in hair extensions if their hair does not happen to grow thicker or longer naturally. Hair becomes a part of your identity and also can be major insecurity for some!
Hair extensions let you wear your hair long, even if you struggle with hair loss or natural hair growth. They’re the solution for women everywhere who want to rock long hair! Also, hair extensions come in two types: Human Hair Extension & Synthetic Hair Extension. Synthetic extensions are lighter weight than Human hair extensions.
Did you get a haircut recently and you happen to hate your choppy layers? Add some additional hair wefts to your hair to fix the problem while allowing your hair to grow back to its normal length.
Your hair does not grow long, and you need the help of some artificial layers on your head, permanent & semi-permanent hair extensions come into play & it helps you to get long hair.
PRO TIP: Some people have a doubt that hair extensions damage your hair, But always purchase high-quality hair extensions from a certified hair stylist & hair extension experts and follow proper care and maintenance in order to protect your natural real hair.
Types of Hair Extensions
It is overwhelming to know different types of good quality hair extensions all at once and it is certainly a nightmare for a beginner. Clip-ins, tape-ins, weaves, pre-bonded, fusion, micro-link…? Do these names ring a bell?
To ease down your anxiety levels, we’ve brought out a list of hair extensions that are raved most in the market:
- Clip-In Hair Extensions
- Tape-in Hair Extensions
- Sew-In Hair Extensions/Weave
- Pre-bonded Hair Extensions
- Wigs and Hair Pieces
- Micro-Link Hair Extensions
How Can You Apply Wefts Hair Extensions?
There are different methods of application for different types of full head of hair extensions. The most common method of application of hair extension are as follows:
- Ensure your hair is already styled in such a way to achieve your desired hairstyle
- Divide your hair into smaller sections
- Using your tail comb to make a horizontal line across your temples, section off the top part of your hair and clip it separately
- Align the top of the hair extensions with the horizontal parting you have made, and gently push down to snap each clip into place
- Work from one side of the temple to the next by snapping each clip securely into position and apply close to the root
- Repeat the process with each weft
- Release the top section of your hair and style your extensions as desired
How Can You Apply Tape-In Hair Extensions?
- Section off the top part of the hair and tie it with a band
- Remove a thin hair portion of your hair from the non-clipped part
- Apply tape-in hair extension near the thin portion that you removed from the non-clipped part
- Attach the extension under the thin portion of your hair
- Secure the top extension
- Repeat the process for your other tape-in hair sections
Tape-In hair extensions are a great option for fine hair as they provide a good way to add volume and great lengths to your fine hair on a daily basis.
How Can You Apply Clip-in Hair Extensions?
- Divide your hair into sections
- Using your tail comb to make a horizontal line across your temples
- Section off the top part of your hair and clip it separately
- Clip-in the Beauty Works Hair Enhancer on your hair
- Let loose the top part of your hair
- Comb your hair
- Style your extensions as desired
If you have curly hair, don’t worry you can try clip-in hair extensions that are made of 100% Remy human hair & this is the temporary method of hair extensions! We recommend straightening or relaxing your hair before putting on the temporary methods of extensions.
Quick Hair Extension Care Tips - Do’s and Don’ts
- Brushing your hair at least three times a day keeps you knot-free. Always keep a brush in your purse so that you can brush your hair any time anywhere
- Do not sleep while wearing your hair extension and even if you do, braid your hair so that your hair does not tangle
- You can use your regular shampoo in order to keep your hair clean & rinse off. Also, you can buy alcohol-free & sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners specially formulated for hair extensions
- Apply a thermal protectant before you use any hot tools, including flat iron and blow dryer
Read More: Do’s And Don’ts For Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions are a new high in the market! Try to buy the highest quality hair extensions & be a Diva of the party, attain red carpet looks and make heads turn as you step out. Flaunt your gorgeous hair and fall in love with them!
Wish you good luck!